Katie Greer, BSN, RN, LSN
District School Nurse
937-393-3132 Ext. 5115 (elementary)
Keep your child home from school if your child:
● Was sick with vomiting or watery diarrhea within the last 24 hours.
● Had a fever of 100.0 degrees or higher within the past 24 hours. Please keep home until your child has been fever free without the use of fever reducing medication for 24 hours.
● Is being treated for a bacterial infection and has not had 24 hours of antibiotics.
● Has a lasting cough or cold with fever and body aches.
● Has crusted or matted eyelashes and/or green or yellow eye drainage along with eye redness. Please note: your child needs to see the doctor for medication and can return to school with treatment or a doctor’s note.
● Has an unknown rash (needs to be cleared by a doctor). When your child has a cold please remember:
● Give the school a telephone number where you can be reached if your child gets worse.
● Remind your child to cover their nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing. Teach your child to cough or sneeze into their bent arm (inside of elbow).
● Teach your child to wash their hands often. Encourage good hand washing at school and at home. It’s the best way to stop the spread of illness!
**Clinic staff will notify you of clinic visits for serious injuries and illnesses and for any head injuries.